Monday, January 10, 2011

BUY ME SOME BREAD!!

I absolutely love living in the South in times like these because people go insane. "oooh my gosh we need to go to the store and buy all the milk, eggs, and bread they have!!!! If we don't we might starve! We will be stuck in doors!" It's funny to see so many empty shelves...even funnier that the sight of empty shelves makes it to the news as if we don't have something better to report on which I'm sure we totally do.



When I was little and it decided to snow in South Carolina I remember being SO excited!
1. I could "play" outside in the snow ALL DAY LONG in the entire 1 INCH of it that there was!!!
2. I thought it was the coolest thing ever put snow in the freezer :D....as if I would ever take it out again later.  Even if I did what would I have done with it?

However, I've discovered since coming to college that my excitement about the snow has a different set of priorities:
1. No classes, no lab, no clinical, no nothin' hollaaa!!
2. After finding this out I realize I don't have to set my alarm for a time before the sun is up! Even when I do naturally wake up on my own I soon feel comforted that I can just get back into bed until I want to get up again.
3. I spent my 20 minutes of "playing" outside and that was good enough for me. Only staple I didn't accomplish was a snow angel and I was not about to do that in the middle of my apartment complex, though it might have been fun to watch people's reactions.
4. Like a nerd I finished every lecture and assignment for the week for one of my classes! Tomorrow, since classes are canceled again, I'll probably do next week too. How COOL am I?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment