Monday, October 18, 2010

Laughing at things you Shouldn't

So, I have a Fundamentals exam tomorrow and I should be studying...especially considering I didn't exactly spend my fall break doing so (but I mean seriously who does that??). I spent it up north as an honorary yankee. Back to the point, I figured since I'm obviously having a hard time focusing I might as well write all the words buzzing around in my head down. This kinda works out considering I haven't blogged in oh I don't know probably a month?
At this very moment I not only am writing on here but I'm also watching Biggest Loser, AND I also happen to have all my books laying around me. Hopefully they will enter my brain through osmosis or something, then again that wouldn't happen because I'm obviously not under water. Books are too expensive to have under water. At least I know which topics are on my exam right? And honestly, I feel like no matter how long I study I still seem to get the same grade so I figure it must be the quality of my studying. Hopefully.
Since I last spilled myself on this thingymajiger I have been in the hospital as a student nurse officially!! That time I had a partner, and boy was that a relief but THIS week "I'm ridin' solo"! I love that song.
Back to my fall break in yankeeville Cleveland, Ohio!! My friend and I definitely realized how much of nursing student dorks we are when after driving hours upon hours we both simultaneously shouted out "aaah I need to shift I'm going to get a Stage I pressure ulcer on my behind!!" We did in fact laugh out ourselves. We also found ourselves talking to people about catheters...not exactly a dinner conversation, though everytime we spoke of it we did happen to be eating dinner. I guess I'll have to tame down everything I learn in class when I'm in public. Darn. How dare people not find the same humor in things such as this as I do!
Speaking of humor....at a Longhorn's in Michigan at 9:30p.m. after being at a game watching my friend's team lose...heartbreakingly, then after hearing the Gamecocks THROW away the game on the radio (boys seriously come on!! GARCIAAA whyyy), and finally combined with the fact that we were exhausted and half asleep, I must admit I did laugh when a child no older than about 1 and a half literally ran straight into a table. Ordinarily I would not have laughed. However when you listen to this kid scream for an hour while his parents continue to feed him pudding (which btw REALLY??? at 9:30 REALLY??) when he obviously does NOT want to be there, and when the kid looks so much like a child on the "it's a small world" ride at Disney World, and when the kid keeps escaping from his parents and running around the restaurant as they continue to eat and not pay attention....I mean it was a little funny to watch this kid run right into a table. It was like watching a bird fly into a glass door. Kinda funny. When I'm that tired and delerious it is a little hard to stop myself from laughing, even if I really shouldn't be laughing. Reading this back to myself makes me feel evil. You had to be there. I think.
I guess I should go back to studying since I have nothing else invigorating to say. Ta-ta :), yes I did just say Ta-ta!!

No comments:

Post a Comment