Monday, October 4, 2010

Mudrun, Nursing School, and Birthday fun

          USMC Mudrun 2010 with three of my peeps was a blast, minus the being dropped (it happens haha). I loved how at the point on the course when things started getting intense nobody cared who was on what team because everybody was helping everybody to finish. For us, this was a good thing considering we had no man-power. If I do this again there will be at least one male preferrably two ha because my theory is you either have to be a really tall girl and kinda strong, short and REALLY strong, short and really light, or a man.....and well I am none of the above so I realized how much upper body strength I am lacking quite quickly. Being that just about every obstacle WAAAS upper body strength, I basically could not move my arms at all the next day. This is not an exaggeration. I had men hoisting me all over the place, even though we had no men on our team which I already said. At one point this guy walked up to me and immediately got on all fours and then asked if I needed a boost. It was sweet and I felt bad when I had to say "aw you can get off the ground I already went over but thanks!" True story yes. I found it very humerous to see all of these really built and in shape guys having a hard time. This guy ran into me and I asked him if he was okay and he said "I can't stand" and I laughed and was like well that's understandable and he goes "I think I"m delerious!" It was very funny. Overall the mudrun was a very good, fun, awesome, entertaining, hilarious, enjoyable experience :)!!! Crossing the finish line was also quite refreshing and empowering knowing I'd finally get my own water at the end hahaha.
       This week will be our first day on the floor in the hospitals...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! I am nervous, anxious, excited, scared, happy, ready or not all in one!! My first day also happens to be on my birthday so I figure it has to be a good day, please no diapers or catheters on my birthday please! I can't believe we are finally here! Lower Division went by SO fast and the past 6 wks have gone by extremely fast as well!!! From the simulation lab to real people here we go :).
       So this weekend I went home for my birthday since I can't go home this next weekend. I'd have to say my favorite portion was watching my most favorite little three year old 'mini-me' playing baseball at miracle league. Um hello, adorable! I love it when I get to see that grin from ear to ear and then multiple facial expressions in between :)!
PEACE out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment